Monday, March 08, 2010


The needs of our Chilean brothers and sisters are very much still on my mind, but I can't resist putting these pictures up. It has been hot around here lately...and I mean scorching. It is usually about 96 degrees in my kitchen. Every. Day. In light of the heat, I found this little pool for Luka for under $2, purchased it, and dunk him in it several afternoons a week to cool him off. Even if it's for a few minutes. I just wish it was big enough for me to get in too. I could maybe get my toe in, but that might be crowding things a bit.
Oh the Wee One. He is changing and growing so fast, my Momma's heart can barely take it. He will be a year old TOO SOON and I am trying to put together a little party for close friends to come help us celebrate, on top of the fact that I am still trying to hire kitchen/cleaning staff for the Refuge, and open on internet cafe with Jason on Thursday. Please pray for us as we prepare to open...we have a lot to do. But mostly, we want to bless the community and to bring God all glory with whatever takes place in the cafe. Have a lovely week!


He took this leaf and plopped it onto his head



Does it look like a mowhawk Ma?




pbppbpbpbhpb



Magazine pose



O-okay. Pool time's over.

5 comments:

Moma said...

I'm a proud abuela of Injun Luka. Hilarious!

grace said...

Y esa mini piscinita, que linda!! Y Luka esta WOW de lindo!!!
g

Papo said...

Luka is definitely changing...his little face is so cute. And the pool is just what the weatherman ordered. GREAT photos!!!

Love, Papo

Unknown said...

I love the "mohawk"! It's hard to believe Luka's about to have his first birthday! About this time last year you had a "false alarm" with food poisoning instead of labor--bad memories.....

Now you have this precious baby! For now, Big Guy and I can only wish Luka a happy birthday from afar--We miss you all very much and love to see the pictures of Luka that you are so good about putting on the blog!

J Yale said...

precious! AK and I are enjoying these pics together. We think about y'all all the time and miss you. love ya!