Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Homeward bound


Are you tired yet, of coming to the blog and seeing the same post over and over again? I apologize. I know it's lame to say "We've been busy" but ours has been a busy of a different kind.
After the storm and all that, we had to rush around tying up last minute details to get ready for a trip. The best kind of trip in my world: Going to Honduras!!!!! My oh my oh my. There is little else in this world that excites me more or thrills me from the top most hair to the tips of my big toe nails. If you remember at the end of this post I said there was a secret to be revealed in due time. The "secret" was that Jason had finagled points for tickets for us to go to Honduras for my home church's missions conference because my parents would be there as the guest speakers PLUS my brother David and his wife Hanzi (my bff) would be there as well. I have not seen Dave and Hanzi for two years now and so this is a treat of all treats. Happy birthday to me, and what happiness it brings. So anyway, we started our trip early due to fear of the roads to the Big City collapsing again before our trip. That. Would not have been cool. No. No. No. So we went two days earlier than our scheduled flight and stayed with our awesome friends, the Redcays. Remember them? The ones who almost got swept away by the floods two weeks ago? Aaaaagh! It was so good to see them safe and alive. We had so much fun this past weekend! They spoiled us from every direction and Jaime even made double layer pumpkin cheesecake!!! What?! She is awesome. Thank you guys so much for your incredible hospitality and for being so fun. We'll see you again soon!

Coming up you will be hearing stories of Luka's surgery. Yes, surgery. Blek. The wonderful country I am from. The loving people who have opened wide their arms to welcome us, and all the goodies from our trip so far. My parents are coming in in 30 minutes, and so our whirlwind activities are about to really begin, so I can't promise when I will will write, but I can promise I will write.

All my love to you, with hopes that you are enjoying the life God has given you.
This world can be tough, but God's goodness endures forever.
XOXOXOX



He got stuck in the ditch.



Visiting the mission where Jed and Jaime work



The three Muchachos



What a sweet family





Jason bought sparklers for the boys...just for fun. And it was.


1 comments:

Mama T. said...

Sarey,

We loved being with you and Jason and sweet Wee. We are excited about the baby! Today was Grama and Grampa T's 64th anniversary. Mark celebrated with them and the uncles while we were in Bloomington. Cousin Matthew and wife Joy are expecting their 4th!!

Love, Mom