Friday, November 07, 2008

Dearest Chayo

My heart is heavy this evening. A great woman, a wise and faithful warrior of God's kingdom has finished her service to God on this earth and is praising him in his very courts with the clearest of voices, with a pure heart and complete joy. I rejoice for her, but I lament for her family, who is left shocked and bewildered by her sudden death. I pray for them and hurt for them. I hurt for me too, because this lady of whom I speak and playfully called "Chayo" was a key part of my upbringing in both my childhood and adolescence. She was the first person to ever explain to me fully Christ's redemption over my life. She lovingly scolded me when necessary, but just as readily encouraged me when necessary. She set a solid example to all who know her of selflessness and faithfulness to her beloved Creator. I love her and I miss her. I am comforted with the thought that to her living was Christ, and dying was truely gain...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doña Rosario. Cuánto la vamos extrañar aquí! Que ENORME ejemplo de mujer, esposa, madre y amiga. Solo imagino su alrededor, wow!!! Gloria y Honra a Dios.