Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So many....

So many surprises, so much fun! After welcoming Jason and me with a scrumptious Cajun Gumbo dinner, Jason's family led us with our eyes closed to the nursery room (Anna Kate's) where this lovely surprise awaited us. Presents galore for the kicker growing inside of me! The boy will be well dressed and well read for quite some time. Thank you Smith family! And we haven't even had the shower yet...oh my. How WILL we bring all this stuff across the ocean? What a pleasant problem to have.
Surprise #3: My brother David (brother #2) his wife Hanzi (my best friend) and their two daughters (who I haven't seen in two and a half years) surprised us by stopping through Denham Springs on their way to Indianapolis. Their short visit was a tease but most welcome! I must have a lot of favorite people, because they surely are among my top list. Seeing our nieces Katelyn and Emma was a heart longing come true. God is developing some great women in those two! So beautiful inside and out. David and Hanzi have always been a Godly couple I have silently observed and formed many of my ideals and convictions from. Their dedication to loving and serving God, their faithfulness to each other, and the joyful outlook they have on life have always been a challenge and a blessing to me. I love you guys! See you in a few weeks...probably in the glistening snow....brrrrr.
Speaking of cold things, I have one. A cold. Bleeehhh. How just so totally typical to get sick right when you most want to feel vibrant and alive! For Junior's sake, I am (kindly) refusing all offers of medicines and have resorted to my own natural potion: honey+lemon juice+cinnamon+a squirt of water=instant relief. I mean it. My voice sounded like the wicked witch in Snow White prior to taking my potion, and now, though a little bit more...emmm, mature sounding, I can at least speak again, and play with our adorable niece Anna Kate...when she decides Aunt Saysay is ok to play with. Most of the time she prefers Uncle Jaysuunn.
And speaking of Jason. To all married ladies out there, I am very sorry to disappoint you but I really do have the best husband in the world. I know you must THINK yours is the best, but he just simply cannot be. Not after what mine did for me yesterday. I was laying stiffly on our bed trying my best not to cough my lungs out, when my handsome man came in with a cup of piping hot pomegranate tea. And what was gracing the top of the tea? Freshly picked flowers. THAT detail of love I will never forget. And my point is made.Now I will bid you adieu as I try to muster up a good state of health in order to go to the Smith family farm in Mississippi to celebrate all of the reasons God has given me to thank him. I think this is a holiday that should be celebrated every month, and not just for the sake of gathering with family to gorge on pie. Our Creator deserves infinite gratitude and praise for the mighty things he does. So sure, let's go eat and ENJOY our loved ones, but let us not only only remember the One giving us the food and loved ones to enjoy, let us focus on him above all.

Bath time!
Bubble Santa
So good to see them!
She's turning into a little lady!
She's a serious water drinker
Sweet munchkin

0 comments: