Thursday, April 30, 2009

What makes you think that?

I've been hearing a certain phrase a lot lately. For about a month and a half, to be precise. "Oh I bet you are a great mom." Well, ah, what in my world makes you think that? What could I have possibly done to make people think that I would be a great mother? I've never been a mother before now, and I certainly have never been responsible to this degree for a human being (especially such a tiny and cute one...wink). So. I appreciate the comments, of course, but I don't get it. And I don't always feel like a great mom by the way. I try my best but sometimes I wonder if Luka wishes he had been born into a different family. Haha. I try to be as fun and attentive as my sweet thang deserves, but sometimes I'm just plain sleepyyyyyy. Ahaha. Guess who slept six hours in a row again? Little Cheetah Baby! I wish this would happen every night....

I have another first for you to admire! Sunday morning (because the power had been out since TWO in the a.m. and we were BURNING UP), we decided to have our first "just-the-three-of-us" outing. So we went to a cool (as in temperature and awesomeness) waterfall. It's our favorite now because it is very secluded, has a perfect parking spot and lots of shade...and lots of breeze...and lots of cold water to dip our feet in...but not our whole selves because we are cold water abhorers. Well, I was about to submerge when Luka decided it was lunch time. Then the shade came over the water and that was when became a cold water abhorer. Jason won't step more than an ankle in. He refuses any more than that, point blank. I still love him even though he has NEVER (with the exception of once) gone into a waterfall with me. Hmph.

Stay tuned for the next few days as I will be posting three days in a row. Yes, your eyes are not crossed. THREE days in a row. And yes, there will be pictures. Ta ta now.

Our jungle baby

2 comments:

Kir said...

Oh, Luka. He looks a little out of place in the jungle with his urban-looking car seat. And with the fact that he is wearing clothes..

Tia Tessa said...

estoy enamorada de Luka... es una belleza!!! and yes, you're a GREAT mom... i don't bet on it, i just KNOW fo' sho'! BTW, lo que me fascina es que sos capaz de darle de comer a Luka, llevarlo a una catarata y de paso pintarte las unas (sale el esmalte en la foto, ja ja ja!). I love you, and oh how I wish our baby could have a waterfall in our backyard!!! Woo hoo! Love!!