Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rub-a-dub-tub

Oh bliss. The bliss of the middle of nowhere (yet with the luxury of some accommodation). I heart you. Meaning…our new little family selves decided to spend a couple of nights at what before we called “The Project” which now we call the “Retreat Center” so that Jason could be close on hand to get a lot of work done and so that I could be in a “forced-to-rest-because-I-don’t-have-anything-to-do environment. Except that I forced myself to find things to do anyway the first day and ended up not resting at all, but I made up for it today and rested the morning away, while sweet little Luka decided to comply and sleep a little himself. What more could a girl ask for than a sleeping baby, the lulling swish of the surrounding jungle breeze, and an ocean to gaze at in the distance? Maybe a great and loving husband? Oh, I got that too. Deep breath…sigh. God is too good to me.

While staying in the middle of the jungle we had to improvise a few daily living rituals. Such aaaas, bathing the babe. The water is not merely cold. Oh no. It is freezing cold, therefore we boiled some water, added the freezing stuff to create the perfect temperature and literally dunked him into a large pot. As you see. I thought he would scream, which he did seem to consider doing for a millisecond, but opted for lagging back and enjoying the new bathing contraption. “Suit yourselves” he seemed to imply. So we did.


Bright Eyes



Another Luka pose

2 comments:

Mo-ma said...

Sigh. Rub-a-dub-dub, little man in the tub....

Estiben said...

Pucha, Sarah, que masiso!