Thursday, August 27, 2009

See you on the other side

It has been a busy week for us now that we are leading a three month internship program with three interns. Our schedule started this week and we have had a great time so far. This whole weekend we will be in the black hole (deep in the jungle) participating in an awesome event that I will keep you in suspense about until next week...when I have proof...pictures!

The Cheetah Baby has changed enormously even within this last week and we are delighted. He LAUGHED, and by that I mean belly laughed at me today and my heart is beaming. He is also learning to sit up on his own (no hands mom!) and to reach, roll, wiggle around for toys within his sight. Aaaaand, he is also getting momitis. Bleh. That means, when some others hold him and he sees me, his lower lip puckers, begins to quiver pitifully and then evolves into a flow blown wail. Sigh. I guess my (slight) arm flab has a workout waiting to happen. A lot. Okay, I might have exaggerated the (slight) part. On to the next sad subject.

Luka is teething. It hurts him, thus it hurts us. The poor Wee One has got it bad. But we are trying our best to endure it with him and comfort him when it hurts. I bought him some gum gel and he pretty much hates it, so the good old fashion cold washcloth or frozen ring are trying to do the trick. Sometimes it's a success, sometimes not. As you will see.


Waaahh! My gums hurt, momma, please do something.


Ugh, ugh. Ughmm. What is this?



Ah. That's much better thankyouverymuch.

4 comments:

Moma said...

Hey, Luka, Moma Debby has flabby arms, too, and she could sure use a good work-out. How about helping her do her arm exercises during Thanksgiving vacation? I'll let you chomp down on the turkey leg! Say, that might help your teeth come through better...

Papo said...

Poor little trooper!!! Makes a grandpa wanna cry right along with him. However, Papo has enough pains of his own, so we will just cry together. I just wish a cold teething ring was all I needed to get rid of my pains.

Love you, Kids! Love you Luka...Papo is praying you get those chompers in really soon!!!

hanzi said...

pobresito............
ya pasara, un besito a la mami linda.
Espero que te encuentres bien.

Marisha said...

Poor baby! Frozen carrots work great too, just in case you need another option. Cut them to size freeze them and use. Can't wait to see you all!!!