Thursday, December 03, 2009

A different wind

This isn't a post about sunshine, or sweet baby pictures, or good food, or silly pets or beautiful places. It's a raw post about what a portion of my heart feels right now. I want all of the troubles of the world to go away. More specifically those of people dear and close to my heart. I want my Dad's illness to go away. I want Mark to recover. I want Grandma to get better. I want Danny to be married already (for love's sake!). I want Mom to have more time to rest. I want to see Dave, Hanzi and the girls and hug them once more. I want there to be hope. I want there to be healing. I want there to be restoration.

That's a lot of wants. I know. But I could write it a different way, choosing words like desire, wish, hope, prefer, need. In the end it all amounts to the same...in my heart there is a yearning for wholeness to be restored.

In my head I know there is hope. I know there is healing. I know there is restoration. I believe all of this comes from the mighty and glorious hand of God. I trust this truth about Him. But for now, in this point in time these things are not evident to the eye and the process hurts. It hurts. Oh how it hurts.

Fret not. Tomorrow we'll be back to sunshine, and sweet baby pictures, and good food, and silly pets, and beautiful places, but today, tonight, this is what is on my mind. This is what wraps around my heart...

1 comments:

Mama said...

Gracias, mi Sarita linda.