Saturday, January 09, 2010

let it snow


It's been a nice run, my friends and family and now it is time for us to go home. Sniff, sniff. Weep a little. More little sniffs. Two months may seem like a really long time to be away from home but this time, at this point in our lives, it was much needed and we are very grateful to have had this opportunity to come love and be loved on. I know I've said this before and I will say it now and probably continue to feel it later: The hardest part for me about being a missionary in a foreign country is being so far away from family. The heat, the bugs, the rainmuddustcreaturesnastiness I can take with a chin up and even a laugh. But being away from family. Oo. Not my favorite part. I love you guys. And I miss you. And I wish we could make memories together every day and share life together at all times. But since that is not what we have been called to, we can go on receiving the grace God offers us when we miss each other so that we may fulfill His purpose as he desires. And, and, and...well, you know. E-mail, and facebook, and calls and BLOGS! We can use those too.
Speaking of...I haven't heard ANY responses from all you dear readers of what beauty big or small you find around you right now. Speak up now. I am waiting. = )



How we got untangled from that I do not know.



What we call O.L.M....Old Man Legs. Ha ha!



Our code...erm...sign? for spotting each other on the slopes.
As if my gorgeous gray puffy hat wasn't enough.




Aww. Tuckered out.






Darling Anna Kate



The cousins!



He told me he wants to be the gate tunnel driver when he grows up.

2 comments:

Moma said...

Well, I saw beauty today. It was in some BIG dimples, innocent baby looks, some big blue eyes that sparkle a lot and a hazel-eyed look that's generally focused on others.
Yesterday I saw it as a tear in the eye of your dad when he heard the Gaither Band on TV singing about the joy of giving food to the hungry. That was lovely.

Answering the Call said...

I think the tree limbs covered in white snow is beautiful! And of course that baby Luka! Who I get to see in just a few weeks! I love you and miss you! Joy