Friday, January 08, 2010

Ski Trip


Yet again God has blessed us beyond our deserving. This past week we have been enjoying a white capped world along with the Smith family in Park City, Utah. It has been so much fun and somehow we all skied ourselves through the week without any injuries. Well, except for the big bruise rearing its ugly head on my left thigh. Oo-ouch! No worries though. I picked myself right up and kept swishing away. That's the sound I've grown fond of this week...the soft swish, swish, swish of the skis on the soft powdery snow and the white stillness of everything around me. Oh and how about when I looked up and soaked in the vast sight of snow topped mountains as far as the eye could see? It must be so awesome to be God and to be able to be everywhere and see everything. I am willing to say that if we look around more often we would be delighted to find God's created beauty. It doesn't have to be vast magnificent views. It could be as simple as a potted flower or the colorful flecks in a loved one's eyes. Take a look around and tell me what you see. After all, is that not what the comment box is for?



1 comments:

Kir said...

Hm, I thought I left a comment pending but perhaps it did not go through! So today's beauty is the sun shining brightly outside, and thin ice forming over the ponds outside our church. It's freezing, but ice is beautiful.