Friday, October 08, 2010

Along came Mimi


The same day that Luka and I came home from afar, Mimi (my mother-in-law) came for a visit! We have not had any family come to visit us this year, and considered it a welcome treat. Speaking of treat, Mrs. Ann treated, and treated....and treated and treated us until we were spoiled rotten again. Every trip to the grocery store ensured a discussion at some point about who was going to pay at the register. Among many other things, Luka received a popsicle making kit, sip cups, a plastic plate, snacks, drinks, a ball.....He is set up well for a long time. We are so grateful! We had so much fun together. We put up a sign and closed the cafe for several days so that we could get away if we wanted to go places and pranced around cities, waterfalls, beaches, jungles, and our little town. Luka, as you know from the "great trip" post, was sick for the first few days Mimi was here. All he wanted was mama and it was hard to tear him away from me, but a little medicine later, he bounced back and was ready for adventure. We went to the beach, where Luka let Mimi hold his hand all the way across the sand to the water. Up until then, he did not like his hand being held. Ever since then, he has decided it's not so bad after all...as long as you don't squeeze too hard. He thinks he's big stuff now when he holds your hand. He gets this little smile on his lips and tucks his chin slightly in. My cute little man, I love him!
Mrs. Ann, we had so much fun with you and thank you for helping us, encouraging us, and blessing us. Every time we ask Luka, "where's Mimi?" He points to the Smith family picture that is in the living room. He misses his Mimi! We miss and love you too.

Luka's friend Eden gave him these sunglasses "because they didn't fit her anymore."
Let's just say if I ever need a belly laugh, all I need to do is look at this. Look at how he is wearing the flip flop on the right! HAha



Early morning cooking lessons with Mimi



Stir it up...little darling, stir it up...



Take away the passey and you have a mini Jason.
No doubt.


Luka's Daddy book.



We went to a tilapia fishing pond. You catch your fish, they cook it for you.
I catch the fish. Then order chicken.



The "fishing pole"



ATC training center. Mrs. Ann has seen pretty much every stage of it being built.




I miss you Mimi.


5 comments:

Steve said...

Sarah, gracias por tus esfuerzos con este blog. Nos encanta leerlo y disfrutamos mucho de lo que Dios está haciendo en sus vidas y con su sipotillo.

Debby said...

Ann, I'm so glad Sarah...and Luka...and Jason all have you. You have added such a special dimension to Sarah's life. Isn't the Wee the sweetest, most fun take-charge little guy? I'm glad he got better while you were with him, so you could enjoy him and he could get to know you better.

Dad said...

Thanks for the tour, Q! It means so much to us to have this avenue of communication. Mrs. Ann, you look wonderful!! And together with Jason and Luka...well, what a wonderful family!!! No pics of you, though Sarah. Next time for sure.

Love, Dad

Chela said...

Steve,
Gracias por tus palabras. Es por ustedes que blogeo y tus comentarios y disfruto me alientan a seguir posteando. Los quiero mucho! Me hacen una falta terrible...

Dad,
You're welcome. I've posted so many pics of myself lately that I thought one post could do without. Haha. Besides, I was the one taking all of the pictures so there really aren't many of me. = ]

Unknown said...

I miss you too, Luka! Come and see me soon! I bought you the cutest shirt the other day--can't wait for your and mom and dad to see it! It will make them laugh--haha! We had so much fun together after you got to feeling better.

It was great seeing you and Jason too, Sarah. The internet cafe' is awesome--Jason's done such a great job getting the building ready for operation. It's obvious that the children in the neighborhood are benefitting from a safe place to go for work and fun. The Wii is certainly a hit! I'm sure you helped a lot too. The group on Tuesday nights and the plans for a kid's camp are exciting! The ATC training center is amazing too. Y'all have put so much into it and your touches are everywhere--and lovely. It's a place to retreat to and enjoy the awesomeness of God as well as His creation!

Thanks for a wonderful visit--the hospitality couldn't be beat--the amazing chef (Sarah), the air conditioner in my room, but most of all spending time with you, Jason, and Luka! I love you!