Friday, October 15, 2010

Sleeeepy

There is something so special about a baby that is sleeping. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am so tired and happy to have a moment's worth of peace and quiet that my overall attitude when I see Luka sleeping is right where it should be: Endeared. But there is more to it than all that, I think. A sleeping baby truly exemplifies the essence of peace, innocence, rest, beauty, and sweetness. Watching Luka sleep has often caused my heart to melt right there on the spot (I'm almost sure there is a puddle mark on his floor mat next to his crib) and many a time have his sleeping habits drawn a good laugh out of me. We have discovered him in the funniest positions over the past year and a half and have been successful in capturing them without waking him up. His latest sleeping arrangement has been particularly peculiar. Recently, during what was supposed to be his afternoon nap, Luka began crying for me to come to his room. As this was an odd occurrence, I went in to see what the matter was about. He gave me the most pitiful look and whimpered, "Mamma, baaallll...." Oh great. I thought. If I give him a ball "nap time" will turn into "play time" and he'll expect me to keep coming in to pick the ball up for him. I guess I won't know until I try. Here we go then... So I fished around the toy box and handed him a little Saints football that his soon-to-be uncle Andy (or Pandy) gave him for Christmas. To my surprise, he reached for it and immediately laid down and went to sleep. Huh. Well then. Sweet dreams Wee one. He has slept with a ball in his crib ever since.




Remember, if you would like to view it in full screen, after clicking "play" click again on the video and it will link you straight over to youtube.

Have a lovely Saturday.

Also, check out steveanddannythompson.com
to see my brothers' new website and
to hear their brand newly released cd
"How Firm a Foundation"
It is my new favorite cd and I have a feeling
it will always be so.
It is now available in iTunes.
Oh and the cover picture? Guess who took it?
= ]

Have a GREAT concert tonight guys! I'll be praying for you.
Wish I could be there to worship God with you and cheer you on.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This slide show is precious! Thank you so much for making it--

Chela said...

You're welcome. = ]