Thursday, November 04, 2010

Christmas came early

Some friends came to our doorstep the other day with two big boxes in their arms. Our surprise came when they announced that one of the boxes was for our intern, and the other......was for us?!?!?!?! All of the obvious little questions skipped through our minds. Who could it be from? What would be in it? Why would someone send us something? Did we ask for something and forget about it? Hm, hm hmmmm. After visiting for a while with our friends, who then went home, we tore into the box. The first thing we saw: Goldfish! For Luka, of course, although I might just maybe admit that I popped a few into my mouth. But that's not an official statement.


Can they be called "Gold Fish" anymore when they are actually all of the colors of the rainbow?



Luka was into to this whole care box thing right away.



Then Jason produced this out of the box. What?!?!? Are you kidding me? I would almost kill for this stuff. Well, not kill, exactly, but maybe scratch....or pinch.



Then Jason got a treat. Mr. Oral-cleanliness-fanatic discovered several packages of his favorite: Floss picks. Something we never run out of in this house. We may run out of milk in the fridge, but you will always find a good stock of floss picks in the bathroom.



Have you ever seen this? I hadn't either and I love it. It provides yet another scenario in life in which I can be lazy. You simply peel the paper off of the back, stick it on the inside wall of your dryer, and violá. Instant fabric softener every time you throw your clothes in the dryer, and you don't even have to remember to add any dryer sheets for approximately two months. And now my brain is dumber...but my sheets smell great!



A couple of packages were marked specifically for Luka. He discovered a LEGO back hoe plus several little doo dads that came with it. He was an immediate fan.



This was also the first present he really was a part of wanting to open.



Goldfish and a truck. What more could the Wee One need?



A book! Ever since he saw his cousins Roma and Anessa reading books with their Momma, he has decided that yes, he does want us to read to him please. Well, not that he says please, but I pretend that he does.



Then I got a treat. Lovely toiletries! I can be rough and tumble when absolutely necessary, but I do love me some girlie girl things too.



Our loot. There was even some Halloween candy and Jason was given a book "90 Minutes in Heaven" which I have already finished reading.

Now who would go to all of the trouble and surprise us with an early Christmas? Our intern's parents! The Fintels. God bless you guys! What a treat! We feel very blessed and loved by your gifts and thoughtfulness. Thank you for all of the little details you added which were noticed and appreciated. Thank you for loving on us even though we have never officially met. Know that your son is a blessing and encouragement to us every day and we feel privileged to mentor him. May God bless you!


I'm off to make some coffee.


2 comments:

Mama T. said...

Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Fintel, for making our Luka, Sarah, and Jason feel so very pampered and blessed!

Luka, Mo-ma loves you and will also be very happy to read to you anytime while we're together in Honduras. Can't wait!

Connie said...

We are so happy to send a small gift in gratitude to God and to His servants Jason and Sarah and Luka. Thank you for mentoring our son.

Love Connie and Bill

P.S.
tell my son to write his momma, Dad.