Monday, November 01, 2010

Mistake


I don't think I'll ever create another post marathon. It made me lose my umph to write. I'm all written out. Don't go crying off now. I'm not saying I'm quitting. I'm just being open and honest. I'm sure before the end of this post something of inspiration will be back. I still owe you my "Thrifty" post, which I am working on. I think I just have too many projects going on right now, at least in my head, that I don't quite know where to start. Even with this stinky post, nothing is gelling together and I have produced little more than short, scattered sentences. I'm tired, I'm hungry (because I am attempting to lose some weight) and I'm having a hard time sorting through my "projects" and defining what is priority and what is actually doable within the short time frame I have. For example: There is a gorgeous silver cuff bracelet that I have been eying for years now, but that is way over any budget I have ever had. They sell them only in Honduras and are unique to a certain jewelry store there. Not only is it something I would like to wear. A lot. I would really like something that I can pass down to a daughter, if God sees fit to give us one, or even a granddaughter. Alright, even a daughter-in-law if that is all I ever get. Anyway, my grand plan was to go into jewelry making frenzy mode and produce enough dazzling jewelry to host a show in my hometown and make enough money to buy my prize. I jumped into the creative side of my brain and started designing away. I designed and almost finished three sets of earrings (among them one of the cutest I have EVER designed....really...they are so cute I should keep them). And then. That was it. The first dress I have ever attempted to sew was staring at me from the office, begging me to finish her. I distinctly heard her say, But don't you want to wear me? Those earrings you're making won't look half as cute unless they are worn with me. I stowed away all of my jewelry makings and began working on Miss Dress. After about 5 dozen blunders, last night I finished her. Only to realize she was too big on me. Sigh. She is finished but I will need one more night to do a little tweaking. Another project I have looming ahead is something that I will be making about 40 of to give to all of the people who support us financially so that we can freely serve here. I can't say what I'm making because it would ruin the surprise, but lets just say it will take a very long time. A long, looong time. I also have two, possibly three more dress designs taking shape in my head, and the fabric is laid out and waiting patiently to be cut. I will not embark on those projects until Miss Dress is completely finished and being worn. In between all of this, we are taking a trip this week to help several friends renew their visas, and a week after that we will be going to Honduras, to see some of my family and be part of my home church's missions conference and anniversary. Both Jason and I will be speaking. While there, Luka will be having a small surgery, and as you know anything hospital-related throws me into a downward spiral and leaves me all jittery and weak feeling, not to mention thinking of subjecting my only baby prince in the world to it. Lets move on and not dwell on that thought...quickly now!
In the midst of all of this we have a pageful of projects going on for the internet cafe that require a good bit of hands-on time and work. Somehow I have gotten into my head to try to make a video that recaps our year so that when we go to the States for Christmas we can share in a nice visual fashion what has been going on. And on top of all this I am still a wife of a wonderful man, a mother to a crazy-messy-active, sometimes hyper, mud loving, sweet cuddling Wee One, part-time manager of a cafe, and three-meal-a-day home cooking woman. Am I crazy?!?! Why why why to I think I can handle all this? Obviously something's going to have to give....and I'm afraid it's going to be that bracelet...sigh. Maybe next time, pretty bracelet.

3 comments:

Dad said...

Q, sometimes the anticipation and expectation of something is just as exciting ( and even sometimes more-so) than the actual reality of getting what you have anticipated. Not always, of course, but sometimes.

A trip here, a bracelet there...lots of surprises in life. Some just have to wait a little longer, and then the Lord just plops them in our laps. He does that, you know!!

Love, Dad

Chela said...

Does this mean you intend to buy me that bracelet? Pretty please? * batting my eyelashes*

Haha. Just kidding, as you know. I'll tell you what I am anticipating with glee; seeing you soon! Aaaaagh! Can't wait!

Dad said...

Well, Sarah, then there are just plain ol' dreams. Dream on Sweetie!! 8^) (Truly wish I could get it for you)

Dreamy love,

Dad