Monday, October 25, 2010

Keeps me singing


Blessed. Proud. Inspired. Challenged. Convicted. Excitement. Peace. Joy. Deepening.

All words that describe what takes place in my heart when I listen to this music. My personal privilege is that I have listened to these voices and heard these instruments, well...ever since I was a small child. I heard the very first unpleasant twangs from their guitars as they attempted strumming their first chord. I heard them squeak out melodies as their voices changed, hoping that they would finally attain their deep and manly tones already. My heart beat quickened with excitement the first time they successfully sang and played a whole song. Even if it was about some old monkey who didn't know how to love...don't ask. Ok I'll tell you. Their guitar instructor was an old quirk who made them play that song. As their skill advanced, I sat back, closed my eyes and soaked in the original melodies that began flowing beautifully. I remember it distinctly: A calm afternoon in Chile, the sweet aroma of the rose garden wafting through our back window with the breeze, and the boys pouring out beautiful music.
And now? They've applied those heart warming melodies to the ancient heart changing words of hymns, written long ago by men who knew God, walked with God and advanced His Kingdom on earth. Who are these two? Well, my bothers brothers, of course. They have just released their debut album and I could not be more excited for what God is doing and will do in and through them and others with this music.
I hope you understand that I keep a no-advertisement blog. My intention in writing this blog is not to make any profit whatsoever, except for profiting the delight of my family, friends, and any others who grace me with their interest. You will never encounter pop-up advertisements here nor have products imposed on you. If I ever share about a purchasable item on here, it will be solely because it is something that I dearly, dearly enjoy myself and mean to share with you. This cd, I dearly, dearly enjoy. It's as awesome as those who produced it. I am proud of my brothers and what God is allowing them to do for His glory.

I boast the privilege of being the first to write a review on their iTunes account, and here is what I wrote:

No matter what situation I find myself in, whether a time of rejoicing, grieving or troubled, God uses the truth of these songs and beauty of these voices and melodies to encourage me, bless me, and deepen my faith in Him and love for Him. I really enjoy the diversity of the music...there is always a little melodic surprise here and there that never grows old. Steve and Danny, you have done a beautiful job that shows clear evidence of God's influence in your lives, music and creativity. We love you and appreciate your faithfulness in serving us and God through your music...

Their website is steveANDdannythompson.com

My bros are so cool that they are generously giving a song away every few months or so to those who sign up for their newsletter, so sign up, if you please, and you will receive a lovely blessing.

Have a lovely week.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Music truly speaks for itself, and this new CD speaks volumes. Dan and Steve have done an admirable job putting it together, and for a first offering it is simply GREAT! I don't just listen to it, I float to Heaven's portal absorbing the mind-soothing tones and the heart- prompting words. One fantastic thing about brothers singing together is the blending of brotherly voices. Wow! What complement!!

Thanks, Guys, for your faithfulness to the Lord in allowing Him to use your talents for His honor and glory, and for our listening, and floating, enjoyment.

Loving all my kids,

Dad

El Moleston said...

Gracias, Chelitachusarachusucia. Te pasaste, realmente! Dios los acompañe en este día.