Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anticipation Proclamation

Oh baby! Here he comes and we're getting ready. Is there really such a thing as totally ready? I think not. The exciting thing happened this week. The crib has arrived! A question for all you parents: Have you ever had your baby's crib delivered at NIGHT? Saaay, around 7:30? I didn't think so. But that didn't stop us from setting everything up right away. I send out a great shout to the DiMaria family for blessing us and our baby with this crib. What joy it has brought us! It's amazing to me to walk into to our wee one's room and soak in all of the blessing God has poured out on us through you all and your generous hearts. Jason and I have personally purchased only a few things for our baby, and yet he has SO MUCH, is so well provided for. Again, I thank every one who has honored and blessed us with your gifts, prayers, and excitement during this new chapter of our lives. God is so good to undeserving us and I am blown away by his kindness.
At LAST we have our camera back and I am back to being picture happy, so here is what you really want to see...


As you can see, we are BLESSED. And that's just the decorations! You should see all of the books, clothes, towels, washcloths, burp cloths, gadgets, and so on that he has! Our friends and family are incredible. THANK YOU!
And...AAAAAND. That's not all. The Lord has opened an opportunity for me to lead a Bible study with the women from our church every Wednesday night. We have shared an awesome study so far, but that's not what I am getting to. Last Wednesday night I asked Jason if he was coming to the meeting that night and he shrugged and said, "Yeah. I guess so." All nonchalant as you please. While approaching the church I noticed a few well placed balloons at the entrance and got a big shout of "SORPRESAAAA!!!" as soon as I stepped out of the car. Our friends from the church had put together a surprise baby shower for me. Awwww. So sweet. Since they knew our baby had been given all and even more of the essentials, they decided this would be a diaper shower and loaded us up with diapers and wipes of all shapes, scents, and sizes! Yay! Again. We are blessed and we are grateful. Now, if only we could get someone to volunteer full time to do the diaper changing....

The party favors
My favorite part, of course
They went all outA bit overly excited about diapers.

p.s. if you are wondering why we all have our faces painted, well, there was an important soccer game going on that night.

0 comments: