Monday, February 16, 2009

Who needs roses when….

...you already have the most amazing husband on the planet? Jason and I don’t usually do more than enjoy a nice meal together for Valentine’s Day and of course I add a cheesy card here or there scattered around the house for him to find...just for good measure. But this year was different. This year I was tricked. Lied to. Deceived. And incredibly romanticized. Siiigh. Our pastor's wife asked me to come over to the church in the morning to give her my input on some plans for a church event. The whole request seemed unnecessary and strange to me, but I questioned not and was dropped off at the church by mi esposo who was "going to the hardware store to buy some stuff." Among that "stuff" was included some spray paint I need for a project. He took his dandy time coming back to pick me up but I smiled and bore the heat of the morning tolerably, all the while having the distinct feeling that something was off. Something was not as it seemed. I had the absurd impression that Jason had gone home before picking me up but had no idea why I would imagine such a thing. He informed me that the hardware store didn't have the spray paint I needed. Odd, right? And he also took nothing out of the car when we got home. When questioned he said he hadn't found what he was looking for. Hmmm. So I sauntered into the house all the way to the kitchen (which my growing belly demands me to spend much time in these days) and was taken aback to see that several items which belong in our room were neatly stacked around the kitchen. AHA! Then I KNEW. You see, we recently bought a larger bed mattress for each other as our Christmas gift but did not have a frame or platform to put it on. Hence the reason I have been heaving myself up off of the floor every morning or when the midnight bathroom calls. I ran to our room only to discover that my SWEET and LOVING husband had got us an awesome bed frame. Of course I responded with all of the due hugs and kisses appropriate for the occasion. But that was not all he had up his sleeve...

A while later he asked me if I knew where something was (that I knew he knew where it was) and so I opened the door to the baby's room to point out the obvious location of what he wanted only to have pointed out to me that my husband REALLY loves me. A lot. There before my eyes was a rocking chair I have been scheming to save up for.

Like I said. Who needs roses? The considerate heart of my husband spoke the volumes of his love for me. My cheesy little cards seem quite pitiful now....I'm off to cook him something good!

0 comments: