Thursday, March 26, 2009

Well, well, well...


It seems this blog is no longer about me. Neither is my life from now on....RIP Sarah Thompson Smith...Ha ha. Bring on the fun with our new son! He's a DREEEEAAAM!!! I LOVE this boy so much. Even when he cries, and BOY is that boy developing some potent lung skills. He eats well, sleeps well, and gasses well. That seems to be the problem. When he's gassy. Poor buddy. We just let him cry it out and soon enough he's back to being Laggin Luka.
Thank God am am on the mend. Yesterday was a turning point and I am back to being slowly functional. I can cook again! And clean my house! And bend over! And drive! And sleep with one pillow under my head instead of propped up by about twenty. What I can't do yet is sleep on my side. Side sleep...I miss you. Mrs. Ann, Jason's mom and I cured some cabin fever by going out for lunch at a cafe and strolling around all afternoon. It was lovely to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Here's some raw honesty for you...I'm not quite sure what to make out of my every waking, and sleeping for that matter, moment being dedicated to baby care. I know that this is a season of a lifetime commitment that I LOVE and am ENJOYING fully, but these are thoughts I have to work through. That's all. But don't go thinking that I'm complaining, because I know you were tempted to. Resist! I love my boy!
Hopefully, tomorrow Luka will take his first trip to a waterfall, so stay tuned for those pictures. Thank you all for your comments! You guys are the best. And Rogelio, WHAT are you talking about? I don't even have photoshop...his ears are simply perfect. Perfect I tell you! So take it back. Hmph.

Mimi Loving

Like father like...conked out

See Uncle Dave, I'm like you!

Sweet Baby

One of my favorite moments...they melt my heart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah he is beautiful!! Congrats! I hope to see him soon!

Lauren Stevens

Brittani Marshall said...

Hey Sarah!_ Brittani here...I know ive told you already but he is adorable! I cannot wait until we get to see him.. and you and Jason of course...lol. When is that by the way?? Ben goes to Afghanistan in July so I will be moving back to Louisiana until he gets back, which is next year. So hopefully I will get to see you guys while I am down there. I hope you are both getting rest and enjoying parenthood! So happy for ya! :) Keep in touch!

Moma said...

See, I knew I was right when I voted "Luki" (Loo-key) looks like Jason. Just take a look at the size and masculinity of those feet! Can't wait to get my hands on him--tomorrow!!!! Yipeeeeee!!!