Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Luka Learns....

I don't think Luka is human. I think he is a weed because he is certainly growing like one. Every time he does something new my heart soars with joy for him and an instant later it drops with mourning over how fast he is growing. My philosophy is that he can just stay this age forever as long as he sleeps through the night. Yes please. I would like both things very much. But since he simply insists on growing, I'll take the sleep through the night deal instead. The trouble is, he insists on not sleeping through the night too. Phbphbphbphb.
So for now, until I can finally convince him to stay put into babyness forever, I will celebrate his progress. About two weeks ago I decided to see if any of the cool shoes Luka has been given fit him yet. To my delight and dismay, I found that one pair did but that I better hurry up and use them because they won't be fitting hum much longer...unless I want to practice Chinese foot binding, but I kinda think he might not be thrilled with that idea. So, all this to say, I put on his cool new shoes. A while later I glanced over at where he was sitting and noticed his left leg was sticking straight up in the air and the shoed foot was bobbing up and down. The smart boy realized he was stylin' and was admiring his new accesory (and it is and accesory because for now they serve him no purpose other than to make him look cute...I mean, cool...sorry Luka. I know I know, your manhood and all...). From that day on his discovery of feet has opened up a whole new world of possibilities and entertainment for him. Praise God for shoes! He went from admiring the foot from afar, to lifting his whole rump up in the air, to finally on Saturday successfully grasping his new discovery. Yes folks, Luka found his feet, and methinks that pretty soon they will be making their way into his mouth. Oh shoot. Now I gotta make sure they're clean all the time.


He's also learning some other skills, like sitting up and playing and stuff.



Don't you just want to pinch those cheeks?



Nobody talk! I'm concentrating.



The head lift.


Surprised Sphynx




4 comments:

Ashley Parker said...

I definitely agree about the growing up part. Every time Kersh does something new, I get tickled inside and perhaps even shriek with excitement, but then i remember oh wait, he's getting older. For our boys to do new things, they'll have to grow up too. If you find a way for them to progress, but not get bigger, let me know. Looks like Luka is doing well, Kersh is doing the same. I think of ya'll often, b/c i know Luka and Kersh (being 24 hours apart in age) are doing similar things in 2 different countries, praying for ya'll.
Ashley

Papo said...

Sarah, think about this for a moment. Just about the time Luka is two years old, and you are so thrilled with all the new stuff he has done, then you get to start all over again with your next one. Only then you hope it will be a girl, so all the new things she does will be different from Luka. Of course, you may have to wait for the different like we did...three more times. 8>)

Enjoy every minute!!!! It goes sooooo fast.

Love, Dad

Momma said...

Oooh, Sarah, he's so cute (grandma's can say cute instead of cool), I just need to hold him a while. He's grown so much. You can just SEE the intelligence and curiosity just bursting out of him!

Love, Momma

tessa said...

He's delicious!!!!! Como ha crecido de rapido!!! Un beso y una mordida en esos cachetes! Love ya!