Saturday, January 23, 2010

Before...


Luka had another first this week: His first hair cut! Jason wasn't able to be there as planned, so I had to hold his squirmy self down myself and we both ended up sweaty, exhausted and covered with blond baby soft peach fuzz. It wasn't so much that he didn't want his hair to be messed with, it's that he became obsessed with watching the beautician's face and every time she moved behind him to start snipping or buzzing, he would crane his neck around trying to get a glimpse of her. It was quite the fiasco but somehow we got through it and now he is a shiny new boy. He doesn't look so much like a Wee One any more and although I think he looks so handsome, it breaks a little crack in my heart to see him growing up so fast. Booo.
All I have for you today is the before, as I have not had a chance to snap a good after shot...and Luka is napping right now and I would rather buzz my own hair off than wake him up. So you'll have to come back tomorrow to see his handsome new look.
We both love how he looks now, but Jason had the audacity to say that he liked Luka's hair better this way now because he thought his old baby soft curls looked girly. And that offends me. >: ]


side shot



From behind



See his new teeth?




Marisela is his beautician



Hey lady, whatcha gonna do to me?



Hi momma.

1 comments:

Papo said...

Handsome, Handsome, HANDSOME!!! Looks just like...well, almost like Daddy. The hair thing is so cute, but whose does he have? I'm sure he makes Mommy and Daddy proud.

Love y'all,

Papo