Friday, July 23, 2010

Birthday Central

There are many, many birthdays in the Thompson family right around now. To help celebrate, I have tweaked "Happy Birthday" just a tad....you know, with a more personalized ring to it.

For Steve, whose life we celebrated yesterday:

"Happy birthday to a Pest
who thinks he's the best.
You think you're so funny,
and the truth is you are."


For Dave, whose life we celebrate today:

"Happy birthday to Dave
who knows how to save.
You would think he is stingy,
but he gives it away.


Ha ha! I love you guys and thank God for the Kingdom devoted men you have become. I really couldn't ask for better brothers. All four of my brothers have been one of the few constant joys of my life. Los quiero mucho Cheles! Feliz cumpleaños!!!

3 comments:

Mama T. said...

Correction:
Sarah, you're a writer, producer... and poet. Just saw this addition to the family blog. You nailed it both times. Each of our guys contributes his own special "wonderfulness" to our family, and you keep them all in line (thankfully)! 8>)
Steve, you're much more than funny, but our family would be much less if you weren't so much fun! Whenever you're around, music and fun are happening! Dave, I never cease to be amazed at how far you can get your money to go for others' benefit... you have definitely partnered with our great God, and He blesses your open-handedness.

Chela said...

I stand corrected. = )

Mellie said...

Oh Sarah - I just got to your blog again (after such a long time) - and this time I've actually put it on my um....thingy up at the top of my other thingy so that now I can read it often. I'm such a dork about this web thing(y) and now I've got a blog too!!!! Egad! What am I gonna do?!

Anyway - I'm enjoying your musing so very much. And the video of Luka kicking his ball....oh my heavens! The giggles just KEEP bubbling up!!! You should have your mama send that to Funniest Home Videos.....that was soooo funny!

I hate to reveal myself for the lamo aunt that I truly am...but what country ARE you in? Is it Costa Rica? I'm so completely out of the family-news-loop. Clue me in, will you?

Love your blog, darling. Keep up the good work.